The AFRA core values are as follows:
- Excellence in programme delivery - resulting in effective contribution towards the attainment of national and regional development objectives;
- Leadership displayed - through commitment, responsibility and accountability;
- Credibility commanded - through consistency, objectivity, impartiality, confidence, transparency, competence and knowledge base;
- Ethical conduct - evidenced by integrity, trustworthiness, respect and fairness;
- Teamwork - resulting in integrated systems, synergy, participation and cooperation; and
- Ownership - evidenced by broad based participation in programme formulation, sustained Member State funding and structured implementation.